translate

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

one-of-a-kind wedding

My first time to travel by myself  via amtrak train was worth remembering! I remember the day I went to a wedding day of a friend wayback in the year 1990's at San Beda College Manila Phils.


This was the first time I also traveled by train after decades!

 A friend in the college department of San Beda College who migrated here in the US  in the middle of the 90's who settled with his long-time friend in San Diego, invited me for his wedding.


That was Saturday  when I took an Amtrak train to be able to make it at his wedding and if I remember it right,  I was still employed as activity coordinator in an assisted living facility for seniors suffering from Alzheimers and I had to file for  a leave of absence  for Saturday and Sunday ( my work covers the weekends, and my day-off then was on a Tuesday of the week ) just to be able to attend his wedding.




 I accepted his invitation to be part of the wedding ministers  as I thought that it was the nicest thing that I could do to return his kindness when he attended my monastic "wedding" with the Church  in August of 2006.


I would imagine how kind he was when he  flew all the way from  Japan to the state of New Mexico just to be able to attend the "Perpetual Profession" of my monastic Vows which was held on August 15, 2006.

His  invitation was given months ago to take part of the liturgical ceremony.
I accepted the invitation to be part of the wedding ministers.

The mysteries of gladness and delight filled the air on that day when I witnessed Henry's wedding that is absolutely one-of-a-kind!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...