translate

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

teacher

My life went on after graduation  from college. I was fortunate to be hired as elementary teacher to teach in an exclusive school for boys  from year 1985 to year 2002.  For seventeen years, I taught in San Beda College Grade School  Department.

 For seventeen years, I lived my life as teacher and mentor to young boys in grades three to seven. The challenges of  being in a class of boys in their  years of development were  absolutely real and indeed challenging.

I  could not count anymore the numerous times my patience was tried and was challenged by my students who have displayed certain behaviors that  were just but normal for growing boys like them  although they were not quite acceptable in an ideal classroom setting. But what the heck! afterall, I was dealing with the reality of growing individuals in the midst of their period of confusions and uncertainties as well.


But I went on with my teaching job because the truth of the matter was: I considered teaching as a vocation and ministry rather than just an ordinary  job.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...