translate

Thursday, September 1, 2011

memories of the night


Gas lanterns were the only ones that served as lighting in our monastery guesthouse, yet this did not stop numerous visitors from coming over the monastery guesthouse and stay over for the weekends or for the whole week to join us in our monastic Divine Offices held at our Abbey Church.

 Over the years,   guests from all walks of life and from different regions and states of the country would regularly make their reservations online or through emails for a day or a week at our guesthouse especially during the summer holidays of the year.

For over nine years of my stay in the community,  I have learned to love doing works in our guesthouse.

Making up beds,  cleaning the common bathrooms for both  and  shoveling snow at the guesthouse's driveway during winter were just but some of my remarkable memories that kept coming back in my mind especially at night when I am done with my day's work at the facility where I am currently working as activity director.

These memories of the night keep lingering in my mind as I go along and move on with my life now as ordinary faithful of God.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...