translate

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

the crossroad of life


The day was quiet. There were no clouds up the sky. The temperature was neither hot nor cold. It was a very fine day. It was a weekend. I was taking a walk to the 24-Hour fitness gym nearby my apartment and happened to meet an old friend way way back in the Philippines when I was still teaching in San Beda College Grade School. She was on her way to Wal-mart for a weekend shopping.

We had a nice conversation. In the course of our exchanging of updates, she would address me as Dom Lawrence, and she was all excited from her stories reminiscing our days as co-workers in San Beda College. 
Ditas is her first name and we became friends in the course of time because in my frequent visits to the library, she was the one who  would gladly assist me in the reference books that I could borrow for the day. It was one day  in year 2001 when she suddenly did not report  at  the schools' library anymore and from then on, I never heard from her until this day at the crossroad. 

Who would have thought that we will cross our paths at the crossroad of Van Nuys and Roscoe after so long a time. Ditas lives nearby St Genevieve parish Church and is very active in the Church as choir member.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...