translate

Friday, July 18, 2014

cooking for the Religious

My experience as cook for four years inside the monastery has taught me the virtues of hope and charity. Everytime I was the cook, I would greatly pray and hope that the food which I will serve to the monks and guests of the community may taste appropriately acceptable if not good.
Before I came to the monastery in year 2002, I never knew how to cook. I relied my food from my housemaids in all those years that I lived with my mother in a  townhouse at the city.

It was only after I joined the monastery that I gradually learned how to cook. I acquired the virtue of being charitable because everytime I cook, I would greatly shed all my efforts in order to be able to satisfy their desire for a delicious food.

In my present life, I am able to use these virtues in dealing with the residents at the retirement home where I work. Thus, makes my work a little bit easier.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...